Sunday, July 22, 2012

BMW 114i Review

I've just been looking at the Parkers website and they have some figures for the upcoming BMW 114i on the site, which is due to go on sale later this year. It's available in three-door and five-door guise in ES, SE, Sport and Urban trim, but not M Sport. I think it's only available with a six speed manual to start with, but maybe an auto will be on the way later on. Or maybe not. The 1.6 litre engine is the same basic unit found in the 116i and 118i from the MINI, but with just 100bhp and producing a mere 133 lb-ft of torque, despite having two turbos. It does 0-60 in about 11 seconds and manages 49mpg, which isn't great for a twin-turbo 1.6 16v. Prices are yet to be confirmed but it will go on sale on 22nd September. Never thought I'd say this, but I think I'd buy an A3 instead. One with the 1.2 TSI engine in 105bhp guise would be marginally quicker and more frugal. Although before I'd take the plunge, I'd wait in eager anticipation for an entry level version of the new A-Class and maybe even an entry level version of the new V40.
Source : www.autocar.co.uk






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More