Sunday, July 15, 2012

BMW 750LI 2012

There's a lot to love in a BMW 7 series. My current favorite touch is the beautiful matte wood trim. Most glossy wood just looks fake and cheesy unless you're in a Bentley or Rolls-Royce, so this matte finish is a huge win in my book.
BMW has a very comfortable interior that becomes even more enticing in long wheelbase spec. It's incredibly opulent riding in the rear seat and the 7 is best experienced back there. I know the chassis is surprisingly good if you happen to visit a track with your 7, but I've never warmed up to BMW's new twin-turbo engines with automatic transmissions. The throttle calibration makes it almost impossible to smoothly leave a stop, so I'd rather let someone else deal with that while I spread out and relax in back.
Having driven a six-cylinder 7-series from Los Angeles to Las Vegas and back recently, I really wonder why buyers would choose the V-8 in this car. I understand V-12 buyers don't care about cost and want the ultimate in luxury, but the V-8 increases in cost much more than it does in performance when compared with the I-6 car. The six is so smooth, so quick, and so efficient that I can only understand choosing a V-8 if you require all-wheel drive.
Read more: www.automobilemag.com







0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More